Localised Cryotherapy is a non-invasive therapy based on short-term application of low temperatures to the affected area of the body.
Physiologically during this procedure, for the first few seconds, the blood vessels constrict causing a reduction in pain perception after which the vessels dilate increasing the blood flow in the tissue treated which leads to an increased activity of the metabolic processes and a reduction in muscle tension. Exposing the tissue to an extreme temperature triggers a systemic anti-inflammatory response.
Benefits of cryotherapy
- Improved physical performance
- Pain relief
- Reduction of inflammation
- Faster muscle recovery
- Improved blood circulation
Cryotherapy helps with:
- Sports and fitness-related pain or short-term pain related to overuse of a specific muscle or joint
- Chronic back, neck, shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and foot pain
- Chronic pain related to systemic health issues like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis and Gouty diathesis
Cryogenic procedures are 100% safe, cause no side effects, and demonstrate outstanding results for musculoskeletal injuries and chronic conditions when used in conjunction with physiotherapy.